Wood Windows over time degrade their appearance and become unusable. However, this is not always the reason for their replacement. They can easily be completely restored.
Restoration instead of replacement
In most cases, wood window or door restoration is much cheaper to do in comparison with the purchase of new one. This is especially true when it comes to windows of non-standard sizes or shapes in private houses or old apartments.
- paint on the wooden windows is cracked
- frame surface is covered with cracks
- the whole window frame is deformed
all of this can be restored by our specialists and thus give new life to your old wood windows & doors. Window restoration for a fact will be more affordable, faster, and less troublesome than the window replacement. Good Window Works company offers you a number of services for window restoration in Boston.
Process of wood window restoration
Restoration of a wooden window is more complicated than a restoration of a door or any wooden product. This is due primarily to the presence of brittle glass, which complicates the process of removing the frame from the hinges for its further processing.
Stages of wooden window restoration:
1. Dismantling the window – removing the window sash from the hinges, dismantling the glass and old window fittings.
2. Removing the rotten portion of the window sash.
3. Manufacturing new wood sash or sill to match the existing structure of the window, on site.
4. Resurfacing of a wooden sash to give it an ideal smoothness and remove any imperfections.
5. Application of the primer to prepare for a fresh coat of paint.
6. Cleaning of old glass or preparation of new glass if it requires to be replaced.
7. Installation of glass back into the frame with a possible replacement of the glazing beads, the installation or replacement of hardware (handles, hinges, locking mechanism, etc.).
8. Installing sash back into the window frame and testing the window for proper operation.
As a result of wood window restoration in Boston, you get a completely renewed window that will serve for years and keep its original style.